Manager of FP&A at Morningstar
The Team: Morningstar’s Finance team is responsible for planning, forecasting, and analyzing the company’s financial results. The team works collaboratively with our business groups to support our strategy and growth initiatives and help make informed business decisions to create value.
The Role: Morningstar’s Financial Planning and Analysis team seeks a Manager of FP&A to support Morningstar’s Credit Rating Business, DBRS Morningstar. DBRS Morningstar is a global business with +700 employees and is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world. DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion and responsiveness to the ratings process. In this role, you will be an important strategic partner to our business and provide critical financial analysis and decision support to help achieve our business objectives. You will work closely with finance, various business operations, functional areas, and corporate accounting functions to understand and resolve financial issues. In addition, you will regularly interact with senior management or executive level on matters concerning the business line. This position reports to the Director of FP&A and is based in North America.
• Leads others within the business and finance team in projects and analysis efforts.
• Effectively interact with business to help lead budget, planning and forecast formulation and execution.
• Leads monthly reporting by gathering and analyzing data, actual/projections variances and providing information with insights.
• Acts as a key resource to business leaders, assisting in modeling, business case / project analysis, and any other ad hoc requests.
• Proactively proposes and develops solutions to business issues and looks for opportunities to improve processes.
• Manage more complex or special projects from beginning to conclusion.
• Creates presentations and regularly presents analysis and insights to senior leadership.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a FP&A, accounting or related position with a bachelor’s degree;
• MBA preferred; CPA or CFA a plus
• Candidates should be highly motivated team players with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Base knowledge of asset management business.
• Ability to aggregate and analyze data, manage in a team environment.
• Solid Microsoft Excel skills required; knowledge of Salesforce, Oracle and Hyperion is preferred.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application materials.