Dynamics of the Role:
As the Manager II of Finance for the Public Sector vertical, you will be a strategic business partner to the Public Sector leadership team, operating as a matrix organization. You will use your Finance knowledge to drive business results for one of our fastest growing segments. With a seat at the table, you will work across business functions with leadership to drive understanding of the vertical’s financial performance, predict revenue, and manage spend, to ensure continued growth from both a top and bottom line perspective. This includes evaluation and insight of financial performance of Public Sector with regard to budgets, forecasts and operational goals. You will provide valuable business insight and recommendations regarding both short-term and long-term operational objectives. You will present to Public Sector leadership and executives on a frequent basis and ensure that complex financial and operational analyses are easily understood and consumable. Working with an analyst as well as staff within the business, you will complete planning and close process as well as prepare for business review meetings. You will also be closely involved in pricing, operations, and compliance as it relates to regularly occurring business proposals, tasks, and events within Public Sector. As the manager of the day to day FP&A operations, pricing, and business support for the Public Sector team, you will be the primary liaison with all levels the business team and will be a key contributor to continued growth & opportunity within the vertical.
The Team’s Focus
The USIS/GT Accounting and Finance team partners with the US Information Services Sales verticals and the Global Technology group to provide financial insight into business performance while helping inform and support decision-making processes. Activities include reporting key business performance indicators; strategic planning; quarterly budgeting and forecasting; variance analysis and the preparation of executive reports and presentations. Members of the team regularly collaborate with and advise top-level executives within the business organization, gaining in-depth exposure to the operation and performance of the business. Associates have strong planning and analytical skills, GAAP knowledge, the ability to interpret and clearly explain data to non-Finance leadership and enjoy ongoing opportunities to support the business and improve business performance.
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- BA in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years in finance with 2+ in a lead role.
- 2+ years of managerial experience (either direct or indirect)
- Multiple years of planning, forecasting, and monthly close
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities as well as presentation experience.
- Experience with MS Suite, GL and Forecasting tools required (PeopleSoft/Hyperion)
Impact you’ll make:
- Provide decision support the Public Sector leadership team
- Directly manage an analyst while also managing specific responsibilities, processes, and key deliverables with the matrix team
- Oversee the forecasting and planning processes within the Public Sector vertical
- Operationalize and maintain business models to help the business understand performance and predict revenue from product, customer, and market segment standpoint.
- Work across all the Public Sector business functions to review, understand, and provide deeper financial insights into the organizations.
- Own pricing, pricing compliance, and deal strategy for a sales team of 8-10 (Business Development Executives, Sales Directors, & VP) and a full team of ~30
- Manage and drive monthly close processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.