We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Finance team manages the company’s accounting operations, including transactions, financial reporting and compliance with all necessary legal and regulatory requirements. The Manager, Revenue directs the company’s revenue accounting function, focusing on revenue recognition, revenue operations, deal review and maintaining revenue accounting policies and procedures.
- Serve as a key technical resource/expert over ASC 605 and ASC 606 revenue accounting
- Manage the revenue recognition research efforts and stay abreast of changes/updates to revenue accounting standards. Proactively communicate any potential impact to revenue recognition policies and provide suggested solutions
- Advise business on accounting treatment under ASC 605 and ASC 606
- Maintain appropriate documentation for all revenue recognition policies and standard operating procedures
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices
- Manage and develop the Revenue Operations Team
- Oversee the application of revenue recognition to the general ledger ensuring accuracy of revenue-related transactions and compliance with US GAAP
- Review complex revenue contracts for compliance with US GAAP and determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Ensure accuracy and completeness over revenue accounting reports and analysis to support the monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Oversee the monthly close process over revenue accounting
- Identify, design and propose ways to make the revenue accounting process more efficient
- Develop and maintain internal controls over revenue accounting operations
- Provide active direction of team members’ career development
- Facilitate revenue recognition discussions with external auditors and ensure proper sign-off of US GAAP application
- Understand the audit approach and implement processes to refine internal quarterly reviews and annual audits to ensure revenue accuracy
- Serve as Project Lead for revenue operations integration for M&A transactions as applicable
- 5+ years related accounting experience in either a corporate, consulting or financial audit capacity
- 2+ years direct employee management
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, specifically ASC 605 and ASC 606
- A deep understanding of revenue accounting in a software-based company preferable
- Experience with Intacct and Salesforce CPQ
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.