Merchant Risk Analyst at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Merchant Risk Analytics team works cross-functionally with Merchant Growth, Machine Learning, Engineering, Operations and Underwriting teams to establish scalable risk management for merchant acquisition and portfolio monitoring. The ideal candidate is a fast learner and a team player who is proactive, highly motivated and has a positive attitude.
The team’s directive is to enable sustainable merchant growth while closely managing the fraud and credit risk of our seller portfolio. This role requires data analytics skills to mitigate seller risk and to improve the onboarding funnel. It also requires data visualization skills to develop dashboards and tools to drive business insights. Given the cross-functional nature of the role, the ideal candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Come join us in our mission to change eCommerce finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best merchant & customer experience!
What you'll do
- Proactively explore data and identify opportunities to improve merchant risk detection
- Perform analytics workflow, including sizing the opportunity, developing the strategies, visualizing by dashboards and reports, socializing them across the organization and driving the change
- Develop sound strategies by optimization, machine learning or a boarder selection of technologies
- Design rules and policies as well as implement the solution with merchant risk decision engine
- Partner with Engineering and Underwriting teams to mitigate risk
- Work with cross functional teams and provide risk based decision support
What we look for
- 1-2 years work experience as a data analyst
- Fluent in SQL, experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Strong data-manipulation and data visualization skills
- Knowledge with decision tree, logistic regression, or other machine learning models
- Able to explore new tools, new methodologies to solve real-world problems
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted, and target drove work environment
- A team player with the ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.