MGR, COLLECTIONS & CREDIT RISK
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
Collections & Credit Risk Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Collections and Credit Risk Manager manages Centro’s collection team and reports directly to the Director, Billing & Collections. The person will oversee all collections efforts with a focus on continual improvement of cash collections with a focus on data-supported strategies.
This manager role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong collections background, and experience in collections forecasting and analysis. As part of the Centro Finance team, the Manager will be part of many cross-functional and cross-departmental initiatives, as well as regularly interact with internal and external clients.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Billing and Collections team is passionate about what they do and aim to lift and support each other to be the best we can be. The work is fast-paced and dynamic and every day presents new challenges and opportunities. We focus on providing Raving Fan service to our customers and colleagues and strive for excellence and accuracy in everything we do.
- Oversee, mentor, and manage collections team
- Prepare monthly bad debt reserve file and journal entry
- Monthly reconciliation of bad debt allowance
- Monthly and quarterly collections forecasting and analysis
- Work with financial reporting team to set monthly cash collections goals
- Develop and implement collections strategy, policies, and procedures to ensure monthly cash goals are met
- Collections escalations, payment plans, and legal claims
- Assisting with financial dashboards including high-risk account analysis and reporting
- 4-5 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable
- 2-4 years of management experience, or senior-level with leadership traits ready to make a move to manager.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, and ability to compile lots of data into meaningful reporting.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Month-end close experience including journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Stellar communication and customer service skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Collaborative attitude that can adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Digital advertising experience a plus.
- Must have accounting system knowledge; Netsuite is a plus.
- Accounting Degree preferred; other candidates will be considered.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.