SilkRoad Technology is the world's leader in strategic onboarding for global workforce readiness and transformation. We help organizations prepare their people for change by designing intentional, personalized journeys to increase retention and maximize agility throughout their careers. SilkRoad combines our leading strategic onboarding capabilities with world-class consulting services to deliver highly scalable, personalized experiences that engage employees and drive long-term business performance such as productivity, profitability, growth and agility.
Our Finance Team is seeking a Payroll Staff Accountant responsible for payroll and equity administration for all domestic and international employees and the related accounting functions. This is a key role in the finance team that will also work closely with the human resources team.
Payroll and Equity
- Handling full cycle monthly, semi-monthly, and one-off multi-state and global payroll runs, including withholdings setup/update, garnishments administration, coordination with local and international payroll providers, and ensuring accuracy of employee data, resolution of discrepancies, and preparation of reports.
- Reviewing new and updated employee details in the payroll systems and reconciling to appropriate documentation. Processing changes to employee payroll data.
- Maintaining payroll related validation tables in ADP module. Coordinating with ADP to set up new earnings, deductions codes, special calculations such as 401(k) match, GTL and state withholding.
- Keeping current knowledge of payroll-related federal and state regulations.
- Assisting with employee stock option administration, including maintenance of data in equity plan management system, reporting, and processing employee transactions to exercise options.
Accounting and Tax
- Performing month-end close for payroll related accounts, including preparation of payroll related journal entries and reconciliations of accounts.
- Coordinating with ADP any changes that affect the general ledger interface from ADP.
- Assisting in the setup of new tax jurisdictions and updates/maintains unemployment and local tax rates.
- Ensuring compliance of ADP and Ceridian Canada tax filings with regards to federal, state, and local filings.
- Maintaining compliance with other relevant tax requirements (not included in ADP and Ceridian tax filings), workers compensation, wage reporting, and other regulations/requirements.
Reporting and Other
- Assembling reports from payroll system to upload into Fidelity 401(k) and Basic FSA, each pay period.
- Preparing and providing schedules and documents for compliance and audits (e.g. financial, 401(k), workers compensation).
- Preparing annual labor related surveys and statistics reporting.
- Maintaining monthly headcount reporting by department and location.
- Managing annual W-2, T-4 process and preparing annual tax forms 3921 for exercised stock options.
- Documenting and assessing related controls and processes and implements respective improvements.
- Assisting in the preparation/review of additional analysis, reports, and special projects, as requested.
- Detail oriented and an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization and time management skills and an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- High level of discretion and a clear and professional verbal and written communication style.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of three years' full cycle multi-state payroll experience for at least 100+ exempt/non-exempt employees in the U.S. is required; International payroll experience is a plus.
- Payroll system experience, including importing employee/pay data and reporting is required; ADP Workforce Now experience is preferred.
- Practical knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) is required.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification is preferred.
- Accounting system experience required; Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus.
- Experience working in a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) or other technology company is a plus.