Payroll Specialist at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for a Payroll Specialist with strong people skills to join our Payroll team. Our team is responsible for maintaining the company’s accounting ledger, financial reporting, payroll processing and performing financial analyses throughout the company. The ideal candidate should be able to efficiently coordinate payroll tasks, follow company policies and legal regulations. The Payroll Specialist will ensure the collection of all necessary information and documents, investigate, and resolve any payroll issues or discrepancies.
What you'll do
- In this role you will be reporting to the Payroll Manager
- Answer employee questions and resolve issues regarding payroll
- Assist the Senior Payroll Specialists in processing U.S, Canada, International, and Equity related payrolls
- Prepare payroll files for processing and balancing
- Update employee’s Confluence page with Payroll information and updates
- Coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding with People Platform Team, Benefits, and other related teams
- Collaborate with People Platform Team and Benefits Team for accuracy in employee data, including submission of timecards
- Prepare and assist with Workday implementation
- Adhoc employee and payroll related projects
What we look for
- Minimum 1-2 years of payroll experience is a plus
- Associates degree or equivalent training and education beyond high school
- Strong math, analytical, research, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of UltiPro is a plus, Workday experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with Excel
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.