At Sprout Social, people and culture are at the forefront of everything we do - a fact underscored by multiple Best Places to Work awards and a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor. As members of the Sprout People team, we are champions of Sprout’s unique culture. Doing our jobs effectively means every candidate has an incredible experience with Sprout Social, every team member is successful from day one, and every business unit has the talent and support needed to meet and exceed aggressive goals. We are looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to help us carry on that tradition.
As the Payroll Specialist, you’ll use your domain expertise to refine payroll processes that are effective, efficient, and compliant. You’ll play a key role in helping us continue to develop our total rewards strategy. This is the chance to expand your skills in a role that blends operational excellence with employee experience.
If you love contributing at a hands-on level and are looking to grow your People Operations skills as we scale our people infrastructure, we’d love to talk with you!
- 2+ years experience in a payroll administration role.
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, if formulas, etc.)
- Strong understanding of payroll and HRIS systems, how systems work together and the downstream impact of data quality.
- Preparation of year end W-2s or other related tax filings or reports.
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience in administering benefits programs and current knowledge of applicable federal, state and local labor laws preferred.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Shadow the administration of Domestic and International Payroll.
- Become deeply familiar with our benefits offerings as well as our HRIS. We want you to dive in and help us find ways we can optimize our processes. Don’t be afraid to give us feedback. We welcome it.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Take the lead role in our domestic and international payroll administration.
- Perform an audit of our payroll practices with the goal of identifying strategies to improve efficiency for our People Ops team and other stakeholders.
- Begin responding to employee service desk tickets
- Resolve State Tax notices
- Partner with members of Finance to ensure accurate payroll recording and reconciliation
- Become an integral part of Benefits Administration
Within 6 months and beyond, you will…
- Work closely with People Ops Manager and brokers to ensure benefits plans remain in compliance, including annual 5500 filings, audits, communications, amendments, and plan documents.
- Assist with preparations for 2021 Open Enrollment
- Own Preparation of year end W-2s or other related tax filings or reports.
- Be completely at home as a critical member of the People team as well as the company as a whole, with a deep understanding of the team’s needs.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to continue to advance our People Ops team and Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!