Principal Portfolio Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
As we gear towards becoming the defining enterprise software company of the 21st century we believe the successes our customers realize with our product are a key driver of long-term growth and mutual benefit for all. The Customer Outcomes organization at ServiceNow works with our customers to help them achieve their desired business outcomes. We aim to support our customer in driving adoption, satisfaction, and ultimately realize maximum value from their investment in ServiceNow. One of the key drivers to accomplish these results is by providing prescriptive guidance that will enable our customers to leverage the full potential of the Now Platform and its solutions.
Within Customer Outcomes, the team of Customer Outcomes Excellence is geared to define, capture, and operationalize this prescriptive guidance, in the form of leading practices and service offerings that support Customer Outcomes, our Partner Network, and our Customers.
The Principal Portfolio Manager, CO Offerings, Platform Foundation is a key position within the Customer Outcomes organization responsible for setting the standard for excellence. Specifically, as they relate to how our customers will be able to define, set up, and maintain the Now Platform as a long-lasting, technically healthy, and solid foundation for the solutions and applications that run on it. Through innovation, creative thinking, and the delivery of leading practice assets and service offerings, you will be a driving factor in the long-term success of our customers.
This requires a highly focused and structured individual with vision who can instigate and drive change across various parts of the organization and beyond.
What You Get To Do In This Role
- You are responsible for the defining and maintaining one or more portfolios of leading practice assets and service offerings as they relate to the Now Platform as Foundation. Topics include data management, platform performance, security, platform manageability, instance architecture, and more.
- Collaborate with the other portfolio managers in the Platform Foundation area to create and maintain a unified strategy and set of portfolios across all topics of Platform Foundation.
- You are responsible for the creation, deployment and maintenance of ServiceNow’s leading practice assets, such as workshop materials, use cases, reference materials, and starter kits within the portfolios that you own.
- Translate the various Now Platform features and capabilities into outcomes and value that help drive successful engagement with our customers
- Identify and quantify services demand from our Customers within the realm of Platform Foundation to build an effective service offering strategy and portfolio.
- Engage in strategic internal process improvement initiative to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the team’s, and the Platform Foundation, portfolio management processes.
- Develop a network of relationships, and collaborate closely, with colleagues across geographies and product lines to ensure consistency across all our products and offerings in leveraging the Now Platform.
- Collaborate and liaise extensively with the other organizational functions, such as Sales, Product, Training, and others to ensure a consistent customer journey and experience.
- Liaise with the Product Line Business Unit to ensure the product vision is translated into leading practices and alignment is created with the portfolio strategy.
- Enable delivery teams, services sales teams, and partner managers on new and updated leading practices and service offerings.
- Keep track of ongoing Customer Outcomes engagements that leverage services and assets of your portfolios to review the effectiveness of the portfolio.
- Assist in strategic customer meetings providing deep subject matter expertise.
- Provide feedback into the Business Unit for continual improvement of product capabilities, features and interoperability in consideration of customer needs and requirements.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience in implementing solutions on the Now Platform as well as in an architecture capacity.
- Proficiency with, and understanding of, the majority of features available on the Now Platform, their interoperability, and impact within the context of the platform as a whole.
- Capable of understanding and defining the bigger picture. This role requires continuous translation between technical capabilities, business outcomes and value, and conceptual standardization.
- Strong negotiation skills to be able to represent the Customer Outcomes perspective with a diverse group of stakeholders within the company, while driving to a common business outcome.
- Experience in a Professional Services environment engaging with executive stakeholders, architects, and extended program teams.
- Self-starter and disciplined
- Ability to learn technology quickly, through instruction and self-training
- Ability to be flexible to work in an international, fast-growing environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.