Privacy Officer at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will build, maintain, and evolve Alliant’s consumer Privacy Program. The Privacy Program’s scope will include providing expert privacy consulting and compliance risk management oversight to all aspects of Alliant’s data collection, sharing, usage, storage, and destruction activities for all products and services, including those serviced by third parties. Primary deliverables include risk assessments, disclosures, regulatory interpretation and advice, data governance development, data incident response, and regulatory change management.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Conduct risk-based risk assessments of applicable international, federal, state, and local laws and regulations as applied within Alliant’s business model, including those performed by service providers, marketing partners, and other third parties
- Advise on privacy requirements and appropriate risk mitigation options on all assigned projects, regulatory complaint responses, and assignments
- Develop, maintain, and evolve all privacy compliance policies, standards, procedures, controls, monitoring, and analytics necessary to administer Alliant’s Privacy Program
- Support digital and behavioral advertising, marketing, analytical, and modeling initiatives
- Create a short and long term privacy compliance strategy within the larger Alliant Compliance Management System framework and board-approved risk appetite
- Manage second line oversight and operation of required privacy notice disclosure requirements
- Collaborate with Information Security, Third Party Risk, Data Analytics, Marketing, and other data stakeholders to develop an integrated approach to data in support of Alliant’s goals
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree, and you have:
- 5+ years in a privacy compliance role at a financial institution
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- Data governance experience
- Developing and/or delivering compliance training (modules and in-person)
- Advisory approach to building strong relationships with internal customers
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off