We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and esports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
Our investment arm, PEAK6 Strategic Capital, seeks out transformational opportunities where we can invest capital and provide strategic support. We partner with people we believe in to support the growth of businesses that ought to be financed. Our permanent capital base enables us to invest patiently and independent of fundraising cycles. We invest globally across diverse asset classes, industries, and stages of the business lifecycle-from equity to debt, from growth-oriented to established companies, and from seed to turnarounds.
We are looking for an innovative, passionate Fund Accounting Analyst who thrives in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment. This individual will be responsible for investment accounting and reporting for various investment strategies. This position will report jointly to the PEAK6 Strategic Capital team and PEAK6’s Finance department.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual GAAP financial statements.
- Coordinate with internal staff and auditors on accounting policies for individual investments.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reporting packages, including updating portfolio investment schedules, portfolio company summaries, and preparing capital account statements.
- Prepare quarterly portfolio company valuations via public market comparable analysis, 409A review, and liquidation waterfalls.
- Forecast weekly, monthly, and quarterly cash flows at Strategic Capital entity level and coordinate funding.
- Manage the annual audit and prepare all schedules for the audit.
- Work with team leads and portfolio company management to fund investments.
- Manage receipt of capitalization tables and financing documents from portfolio companies.
- Maintain general ledgers including, but not limited to recording of expenses and journal entries in NetSuite.
- Manage all A/P and oversee the administrative team on Certify and expense reports.
- Assist in the preparation of and process capital calls and distributions.
- Manage investor inquiries and information requests, including audit confirmations, K-1s and tax-related forms and LP transfers.
- Assist with preparation of external presentations for fundraising and investor meetings; manage fundraising data room.
- Prepare pro-forma financial statements and projected financial statements for the funds, including IRR calculations.
- Assist in preparation of fund communications for our investors, including Limited Partner requests.
- Experience in venture capital or private equity fund accounting
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar major
- CPA preferred
- Strong project management, planning and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous improvement attitude: ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices
- Strong analytical ability and perseverance to solve problems with high attention to detail
- Strong commitment to ethics and integrity