The Team: The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar, including design, marketing, corporate communications, finance, quality, human resources, legal, compliance, and strategic planning with the goal of keeping our business running smoothly. Each of these functions plays an essential role in supporting our company’s infrastructure, day-to-day operations, and strategic initiatives.
The Role: The Procurement team, which sits within the Finance organization, is responsible for sourcing and purchasing of Morningstar’s indirect and direct spend. This role will work across multiple categories of spend including data, professional services, technology, and travel. It reports directly to our head of Procurement, with dotted lines to the Procurement Managers, and is based in our Chicago office.
- Process purchase requisitions, approvals, purchase orders, and invoices for select technology purchases. As applicable, obtain competitive pricing from vendors and negotiate pricing and terms.
- Support Procurement Managers with analyzing category spend, finding savings/consolidation opportunities, evaluating vendor risk/opportunities, and analyzing contract compliance.
- Participate in sourcing events by researching vendors, drafting Requests for Proposal, analyzing responses, supporting negotiations, and supporting consensus building.
- Manage client requests for indexes from key data Vendors, and coordinate with internal product and operations teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency, reporting capabilities, and consultative approach of the procurement team.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, or similar and 1-3 years of work is required.
- Proficiency in Excel strongly preferred (in some cases, analyzing large data sets using functions like VLOOKUP, PivotTables, and similar).
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.