Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Quantitative Markets team. The team is responsible for structuring and pricing Affirm’s debt funding deals, developing platforms and tools for optimizing funding strategies, and building models to analyze and predict the performance of Affirm’s consumer loans. The ideal candidate will have experience in structuring asset-backed transactions, working with rating agencies, and building quantitative models. Given the cross-functional nature of the role, the ideal candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the Capital Markets team to evaluate, structure and price consumer asset-backed transactions
- Develop and enhance capital structuring and pricing models tailored to Affirm’s consumer loan portfolio to enable efficient deal execution
- Build quantitative models to analyze and predict the performance of Affirm’s consumer loans
- Provide insights on capital markets deals to cross-functional teams for more optimal and efficient funding strategy and merchant pricing
- Partner cross-functionally with our Capital Markets, Treasury, Merchant Pricing, Credit, Commercial, Product and Engineering teams to evaluate funding, product, and business decisions
What we look for
- 10+ years of relevant experience structuring asset-backed transactions, forecasting consumer loan performance, and/or building quantitative models
- Experience with industry-standard tools such as Intex/Bloomberg and working with accountants, rating agencies, and internal/external partners
- Experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- A proactive leader that can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Desire to understand the broader context of business decisions
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.