WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
Experienced Equity Options Trader
Trading @ IMC:
- Our US Equity Options market has traditionally focused on highly liquid stocks but has expanded in scope to many more symbols. As a result, we have a wide range of new and exciting problems to solve
- We’ve already created partnerships and business models to facilitate our expansion and we’re currently working to improve our options pricing; investigating new models and improving our existing framework
- You will maximize revenue by creating competitive edge trading strategies
- You will have lots of responsibility and ownership early on to drive strategies forward and be successful
- IMC is highly collaborative between traders, quants, and developers so the scope of responsibility is fairly fluid involving a mixture of data-driven analysis, quantitative modelling and algorithm development
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an experienced equity option trader with at least 3 years’ experience
- You have relevant tertiary qualifications (graduate or post graduate), with strong academic results, preference in mathematics, science, financial engineering or computer science
- You have proven ability to act and perform successfully in a fast moving and high-pressured environment
- You have a passion for learning; you are driven to succeed, you work well individually and, in a team, to get results
- Experience in computer programming is desirable (Python, C/C++, Java, Malab, SQL)
- You will be highly analytical, constantly enhancing your strategies to improve the quality of trades, pinpoint missed opportunities, and identify new trading ideas and products
WHO WE ARE:
IMC is among the world’s leading technology-driven trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.