Revenue Accountant at Ensono
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for the setup and maintenance of processes and procedures that properly capture, track, and report revenue, in accordance with the company revenue accounting policy. Responsibilities include: review and document revenue treatment on customer contracts, record journal entries, maintain revenue schedules by customer, and month-end close responsibilities. The role will review and maintain information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with US GAAP and other accounting regulations. Additionally, this role will work closely with our finance and external audit teams to provide accurate, timely data and help support the annual audit process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform month-end revenue close process including contract review, preparing journal entries, and prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Research accounting guidance and prepare technical memos to document Company’s position on various revenue transactions.
- Utilize Workday financial system and improve overall system capabilities and support future reporting tool enhancement projects
- Review Salesforce bookings information to ensure accurate revenue treatment.
- Maintain accurate records to facilitate review with senior management and other stake-holders
- Prepare revenue recognition schedules and write-ups (revenue memos)
- Independent contributor with full ownership for successful delivery of job specific projects
- Review and monitor revenue contracts in Workday financial systems based on GAAP requirements advised by Accounting Manager, Revenue.
- Lead and assist with other ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of two years of related experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP and ASC 606
- Proficient in MS Office
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management