OneSpan is currently looking to expand its Revenue Accounting team in North America. This Revenue Accounting Manager’s role will be responsible for reviewing customer contracts, maintaining general ledger accounts and performing other accounting analyses in accordance with ASC 606. You will work collaboratively with multiple team members to understand, assess, and improve accounting processes. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting and is based in Chicago.
- Review customer contracts by completing our revenue checklist
- Manage monthly and quarterly revenue and AR close process including monitoring, review, and analysis of revenue activity including generating journal entries
- Perform/review necessary adjustments to contracts in Workday
- Maintain and update internal control and process documentation for quote to cash process
- Prepare/review revenue technical memos, as needed
- Perform and/or update our SSP study and appropriate revenue allocation in accordance with ASC 606
- Assist with requests from the OneSpan sales team related to revenue recognition and other related matters
- Manage internal and external audit requests, including quarterly reviews and the year-end audit
- Participate in a process improvement initiative for Order to Cash process
- Work closely with Billing, Sales, IT and Order Admin team to invoice customers accurately on a timely basis
- Work collaboratively with Legal, Sales, Order Admin, Billing, Professional Services, and FP&A to drive best practices in revenue
- Specific projects and other ad hoc assignments as required.
- Manage a team of two revenue accountants
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and Business
- BIG 4 audit experience is required
- CPA required
- Sound understanding of Revenue Accounting around Contract Assets, Accounts Receivable, Deferred Revenue and Revenue.
- 5+ years of relevant revenue accounting experience in software, preferably with SaaS revenue or Enterprise Software experience
- Experience with general ledger/month-end close processes
- Working knowledge of Workday Financial Management and Salesforce is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-environment
- Ability to assume additional responsibilities over time
- Ability to work through ambiguity
We offer YOU the opportunity to protect the world from digital fraud. You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations secure their digital transformation, we want to “meet” you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and culture to make our company succeed We are committed to building a community of belonging and meaningful connections. . We believe that hiring the best talent, will lead to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer including Disability/Veterans. For more information please visit our Privacy Center