Revenue Accounting Manager at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
project44 is looking for a motivated Revenue Accounting Manager to join its revenue accounting team. The position will be responsible for developing revenue policies and ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manage monthly and quarterly revenue and AR close process including monitoring, review, and analysis of revenue activity including generating journal entries
- Provide technical accounting guidance to various Project44 stakeholders across the company to ensure accurate accounting, reporting and disclosure of Project44's financial
- Manage in the review of revenue disclosures for financial reporting under ASC 606.
- Manage the process of maintaining Corporate Revenue Accounting Policy including regular updates of all accounting policies.
- Prepare and present technical accounting updates to the finance organization as needed.
- Prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors.
- Participate in a process improvement initiative for Order to Cash process
- Manage/Assist with other projects as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with Legal, Sales, Order Admin, Billing, Professional Services, and FP&A to drive best practices in revenue
- Review revenue related contracts and apply revenue recognition guidelines and document the assessment in contract memorandums.
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience including 2+ years of Big 4 public accounting firm experience
- CPA Preferred
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Detail-oriented, and experience multitasking and prioritizing to deliver impact in fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to research accounting literature and simplify complex situations
- Self-motivated, strong work ethics and able to work independently with minimal supervision
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.