Revenue Accounting Manager
PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to increase conversion and improve products and the customer experience with ratings and reviews and Q&A software. Ratings and reviews solutions from PowerReviews are essential for consumers as they search and shop online and in-store, and they are proven to increase online site-wide sales up to 17%.
PowerReviews is looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager that has the breadth of knowledge and experience to make our company successful. The Revenue Accounting Manager will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations relating to our revenue cycle in our fast paced organization. The position reports to the Asst. Controller and will establish pro-active working relationships with cross-functional departments, including Sales, Legal and Operations. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of process improvements, the confidence to collaborate within multiple levels of the organization, and the flexibility and willingness to dive in and get things done. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a well established company and build the finance and accounting foundation which will support our expected growth.
- Sales and Revenue Operations - Support the review of customer contracts, amendments, SOW's to ensure GAAP and Company revenue recognition policies are being appropriately applied.
- Maintain appropriate company revenue recognition policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Identify and articulate complex revenue accounting issues clearly and concisely, and prepare revenue recognition positions for external auditor review.
- Complete month end close process for Revenue, Deferred Revenue and Accounts Receivable
- Oversee financial revenue cycle operation and assist in optimizing financial systems and processes to ensure the highest level of data integrity and accuracy
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including handling of sales tax compliance
- Review set up and ongoing maintenance of customer-specific ASC 606 revenue recognition models.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience and at least 2 years as a manager level
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with Saas Revenue model
- Detail oriented with ability to work in fast paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills - pivot tables, v-lookups, charts
- Experience with current company business applications; Intacct, Avalara and Salesforce.
- Experience integrating new accounting and finance systems
- Previous SaaS business experience
- Experience with Sales Tax filings
- Technology start-up and/or public accounting experience
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.