Revenue Staff Accountant at SilkRoad Technology
SilkRoad Technology is the world's leader in strategic onboarding for global workforce readiness and transformation. We help organizations prepare their people for change by designing intentional, personalized journeys to increase retention and maximize agility throughout their careers. SilkRoad combines our leading strategic onboarding capabilities with world-class consulting services to deliver highly scalable, personalized experiences that engage employees and drive long-term business performance such as productivity, profitability, growth and agility.
Our Finance Team is seeking a Revenue Staff Accountant responsible for order entry, customer record maintenance, invoicing and other related activities, and assisting with the cash collection process at SilkRoad Technology.
- Analyzing customer contracts and ensuring appropriate recognition of revenue in line with SilkRoad Technology's internal policies.
- Reviewing and sending customer invoices and statements; Ensuring transactions are timely and accurate.
- Analyzing customer revenue and contract renewal information and reporting outcomes and trends to management.
- Responding to customer questions about contracts, invoices, and services; Resolving concerns or discrepancies and creating a positive customer experience with every interaction.
- Assisting with month-end, quarterly and year-end accounting procedures.
- Preparing schedules and documents for annual financial audit.
- Assisting with cash application and customer collections activities as needed.
- Documenting processes and implementing improvements and controls.
- Preparing additional analysis and reports, and other special projects, as requested.
- Keen attention to detail and an ability to understand, analyze and summarize large amounts of information.
- Ability to apply revenue recognition accounting rules.
- Strong organization and time management skills and an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
- Ability to use technology to improve processes and controls and work efficiently.
- A collaborative working style with a desire to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; work towards CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of two years' accounting experience, preferably in revenue and/or accounts receivable.
- Excellent mathematical skills and solid understanding of revenue recognition accounting rules required.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Accounting system experience required; Microsoft Dynamics Great Plans experience preferred.
- Experience working in a subscription service or technology company desirable.
- French or other foreign language proficiency is a plus.