Risk Operations Specialist at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a company that underwrites and services loans, we work diligently to detect and prevent fraud, and we're looking for curious and driven professionals to join our team! We will not be successful unless we maintain and scale out our outstanding fraud monitoring and deterrence processes, keeping would-be fraudsters at bay.
What You'll Do
- Regularly review suspicious account activities, spot trends and identify links to deter fraud attacks
- Monitor fraud across our network by serving as a point of contact for other team members
- Research emerging fraud trends using SQL to pull relevant data and propose solutions to our decisioning systems
- Investigate and identify root causes of breakdowns in our risk management systems
- Research new data elements for potential use in fraud detection or prevention and provide research support on various investigations
- Influence the development of risk models and account review criteria
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- 3+ years of experience in Risk Operations or Fraud Management with an emphasis on fraud analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior experience writing and analyzing SQL queries
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.