We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for contributing to Relativity’s day-to-day and month-end accounting activities, specifically focusing on supporting all aspects of the expense and financial reporting cycles. The Senior Accountant works under general direction of managers and senior team members.
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP, including but not limited to payroll, accrued compensation, and equity
- Review compensation and employment-related agreements to determine necessary specific accounting treatment
- Prepare software capitalization calculations
- Prepare regular account reconciliations and perform account analyses to determine trends, fluctuations, and errors
- Support the mid-month and month-end closing reporting process
- Play a strong role in the preparation of monthly financial statements, reporting, and perform variance analysis
- Assist with technical accounting research and assist in preparation of policy memorandums
- Determine and implement process efficiencies
- Assist with implementation of new procedures resulting from new accounting guidance
- Provide support to quarterly, interim, and annual audits
- Assist with special projects and take on additional accounting responsibilities as they arise
- Licensed CPA is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP and familiarity of expense recognition guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Exercise good judgment, respect colleagues, and work with integrity
- Ability to quickly learn new technology; experience with Intacct, Concur, Adaptive Insights, and SalesForce a plus
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline
- Minimum 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, with 3 years in a Senior Accountant role
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.