Senior Accountant, General Ledger at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our growing Accounting team.
As a Senior Accountant you have in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting systems, and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an efficient monthly/quarterly/annual close and financial reporting process. You pay great attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines as well as working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment.
This position reports to the Senior Manager - GL.
What you'll do
- Support accounting period close for areas of functional responsibility which may include preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Execute existing accounting and reporting controls and procedures in the course of the monthly and quarterly close including departmental close packages, financial reporting reconciliations, support of financial reporting, analytics and efficiency metrics
- Support internal and external audit requirements related to specific assigned areas
- Proactively review current procedures and seek ways to improve processes to ensure timely monthly close, accuracy of accounting entries, and operational efficiency
- Perform research and make recommendations for complex accounting scenarios
- Assist in designing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring corporate accounting policies and procedures; and assist in internal control and process documentation
- Assist in preparing monthly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analyses for management reporting
- Manage assigned projects and collaborate with cross-functional team members in delivering high quality, decision ready information to our business partners
- Focus Areas: Loan Servicing, Prepaids, Leases, Fixed Assets
What we look for
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience is required (combination of private and public experience preferred) deep understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and project management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and curiosity to learn new skills
- Takes initiative to implement changes that will simplify and improve processes
- Willing to tackle challenges in a continuously changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with the team, management, peers, cross-functional groups and business partners
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with aptitude for prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (such as vlookups & conditional statements, pivot tables, data analysis, data visualization, what-if-analysis)
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously by prioritizing tasks
- NetSuite experience is preferred
- The desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time
- Passion for Affirm and a strong interest in technology