What we’re looking for:
As Senior Accountant, you will have an opportunity to rapidly develop your accounting and analysis skills in a fast-paced and technology-driven environment. Our team is small, but nimble so being a quick learner is a must! This person will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Manage accounting function including account reconciliations, journal entries, AR, AP, & Billing.
- Analysis and review of company expenditures, confirming proper allocation of expenses to the various departments, and reporting to the various departments as necessary.
- Review transactions to assure accounting treatment is in accordance with GAAP and company policies & procedures.
- Analyzing billing transactions to ensure proper allocation of revenue recognition policies.
- Review general ledger accounts and making all necessary journal entries including posting monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- Assist in building financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position, as well as budget variance analysis.
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management.
- Preparing year-end schedules for the annual tax returns.
- Providing necessary support for external auditors.
- Seeking ways to improve upon accounting processes and procedures.
- Assisting with and handling special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred.
- 2-4 years in accounting or auditing; public accounting experience preferred.
- Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the areas of financial statement preparation, GAAP, SOX, and revenue recognition.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Self starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven.
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working in accounting systems (NetSuite, Intacct, Quickbooks, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) (currently no match)
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Flexible Spending Account, Pre-tax Commuter Program, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- A multitude of snacks and beverages
At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.
Interested in joining our team of 60-plus innovators at our Chicago headquarters? Check out our current job listings.