Senior Accountant at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for helping drive day-to-day accounting operations and monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting. This role will be critical in establishing scalable processes as the company continues to grow and change.
The Senior Accountant will be...
- Performing month-end close tasks and preparing financial statements and analysis
- Preparing required journal entries (accruals, prepaid amortization, fixed asset depreciation, etc.)
- Reviewing GL accounts for mis-coded transactions and perform fluctuation analysis for material changes in account balances
- Preparing internal consolidated reporting and provide commentary on changes
- Overseeing daily operations like accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Preparing invoices and follow-up regarding payment
- Assisting in providing materials for external parties, such as auditors and tax accountants
- Help prepare monthly/quarterly investor reporting
- Prepare balance sheet and bank reconciliations
- Parterning with teams across organization to build scalable processes that will help provide timely and accurate reporting
What are we looking for in a Senior Accountant?
- Bachelor's Degree/Associate's Degree required
- 3+ years experience in Accounting
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in MS Excel/Google Sheets (Pivot Tables, LOOKUPS, Index Matches, etc)
- Experience working with Quickbooks and Bill.com preferred (similar product knowledge acceptable)
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the office should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas around the cold brew tap.
Never run on empty - Daily Farmer's Fridge meal, Monday bagels, draft cold brew, office snacks, and Friday happy hours are just some of the offerings to make sure you aren't distracted by a growling stomach.
Take a break - Check out what new products Chef is testing in the R&D kitchen, challenge a coworker to a game of Fridgeopoly, rally a spontaneous happy hour at Goose Island down the street, start a heated debate on the best M&M flavor with a poll in Slack, or jump in on a team kickball game!
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the bottom line. Own it. Literally - with company equity you have the opportunity to share directly in our success. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures