Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is looking for a Senior Analyst for Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting to support growing operations in Chicago. This position will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting functions and financial reporting processes.
- Support preparation of all quarterly and annual financial statements under U.S. GAAP, including drafting and review of disclosures and qualitative performance discussions
- Support coordination of audit support & review filings with external auditors, and senior members of the finance team
- Prepare consolidation of the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow
- Support with FP&A team on monthly financial reporting package
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly consolidated reporting of the Company’s financial statements, statement of equity, and cash flow statements
- Support maintenance of financial reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary reporting deadlines
- Coordinate with accounting team on new accounting standards issued by the FASB to determine impact to the company and implement new accounting standards, as required; assist with change management, if any
- Support peer benchmarking and comparability
- Research and analyze significant and/or complex accounting issues, support preparation of technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner, and present results directly to management
- Support management in completing special projects as assigned and be a financial reporting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
- Assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline processes, including the documentation of the standard operating procedures
- Play a key role in the Company's control compliance
- 3+ years of public accounting and/or relevant industry experience.
- Public company experience and knowledge and/or SEC financial reporting standards preferred
- Strong accounting background with a solid knowledge of FASB and US GAAP rules and regulations, as well as controls compliance
- CPA or similar designation required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization, project management and analytical skills
- Meticulous and impeccable attention to detail
- High level of enthusiasm and curiosity to grow your career in a multifaceted and growing company
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, and work well with people at a wide range of levels and departments
- Internal control experience required