Senior Cost Analyst
The Senior Cost Analyst will build and then direct the standard cost accounting function for Ensono. This is a hands-on financial leadership opportunity with strong career upside. The output of this position will be used throughout the organization to drive improvements in product cost, process and understanding across the company. Must be comfortable in a challenging, collaborative, multi-tasking, dynamic, high-tempo, deadline-intensive environment supporting multiple internal customers. Applicants must also have excellent listening as well as oral and written communications skills and be able to work collaboratively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with product, pricing and technical teams to understand the elements of product costs and track actual costs
- Consistently analyze financial data, conduct on-going variance analysis and forecasting
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of standard costs
- Activity based Cost Accounting
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts
- Prepares product costing models documenting cost drivers and detailed unit costs
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual cost accounting forecasts, monitor progress and changes; keep senior leadership informed of financial status
- Develop and streamline costing models
- Occasional travel which includes overnight stays
- IT Technical knowledge
- Project Management skills
- Solid Cost Accounting understanding
- Ability to multi task – handle many priorities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to interface, present to and negotiate with customers at all management levels
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, and listening
- Resilience and resourcefulness in complex problem solving
- 10+ years of experience
- Ability to challenge self and others in a respectful way to ensure all aspects of deal are well understood and solution to meet the needs of the customer and Ensono.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skillset
- Advanced Microsoft Access skillset
- Experience with online sharing tools like WebEx or Skype for Business.
- Flexible working schedule which sometimes includes late night and weekend work.
- Ability to work swiftly within tight timelines and meet deliverable due dates
- Comfortable with quickly change of direction
- Excellent file origination and time management skills
- Job Specific Competencies
- Business Orientation
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Project/Program Management
- Work Collaboration
Education: BS in technical or business major. CMA or CPA accreditation a plus.
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.