Senior Financial Analyst FP&A
What you will be doing:
In this role, the Senior FP&A Analyst will play an integral role in the US & Corporate IT forecasting, planning, and reporting process. You will partner with teams across the US & Corporate IT organizations to develop and improve management packages, planning processes, financial models and analytics. You will have direct responsibility for expense budgets and be a business partner to senior leaders including IT Directors and Project Managers. This role will also provide ad-hoc analysis as needed to support and influence senior leadership. This senior analyst will also be a key member on the Global IT FP&A team. Strong financial acumen including experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis is a requirement.
• Preparation and consolidation as part of the Global IT FP&A cycle including monthly/quarterly budgeting & forecasting, annual plan setting, variance to forecast analysis, etc.
• Drive process improvements and implement best practices around forecasting, budgeting and management reporting; as well as automate, where applicable
• Lead the monthly creation of IT financial reporting packages, including initiative summaries
• Address customer inquiries regarding actual, commitment view, business plan, capital needs, and metric related information in coordination with Service Delivery teams
• Compile segment feedback, operating performance metrics and opportunities around business performance
Accounting & Controls
• Assist with oversight of accounting practices and financial controls related to IT activities
• Support month end close process through the review of actual results and the creation / posting of requested journal entries
• Support the intercompany charge back process
• Assist with the creation/update of each Sr. Director’s and Director's annual plan/forecast
• Provide financial analysis and support on complex decisions including business case evaluations
• Provide financial mentorship to leadership to ensure compliance with McDonald’s financial policies and procedures
• Assist leadership in monthly financial variance analysis.
• Support global funding models for IT products & services (modeling work)
• Assist in the coordination of monthly projection & annual plan process
What you will need:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 4+ years of work experience (FP&A experience preferable)
• Minimum 3 years working with complex financial models
• Experience working for a large global Fortune 100 company
• Comfortable working cross-functionally and with senior management
• Advanced Excel skills (i.e. Financial Modeling)
• Experience manipulating large data sets and turning them into usable information
• Having previous IT Finance experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.