Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
The FP&A team at Reverb utilizes detailed modeling & analytics to generate financial & strategic insights that advise business decisions across the company. Ultimately, our work strengthens Reverb’s alignment of its strategic growth initiatives with its financial goals. This entails providing a financial roll-up to assess overall performance and outlook. We provide a trusted voice and work product across all senior leaders and executives as we determine how Reverb invests in growth opportunities. Our mission is to efficiently tell the financial and operational story of what is transpiring in the world of Reverb — to teams, to senior management, and to the community.
Reverb’s Senior Financial Analyst will be part of the FP&A team and play an integral role supporting Reverb’s financial and operational performance. Foundational to the FP&A function is its ability to forecast and measure our topline gross merchandise sales (GMS) performance. This position will work directly with the FP&A Manager through various cohort planning and ad hoc exercises, such as financial modeling, forecasts, and reporting. The position requires an experienced financial and strategic minded professional capable of prioritizing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization who can partner across organizational and functional boundaries to drive projects to completion.
This role is located in Chicago, IL
- Own the modeling and forecasting of gross merchandise sales (GMS) and revenue
- Manage departmental forecasting processes across Marketing & Product Development teams
- Handle weekly forecasting and reporting of topline metrics
- Partner with Analytics function to support and deliver key insights to Product and Marketing leadership
- Partner with Accounting team to analyze results across P&L line items and metrics
- Work cross-functionally to ensure alignment on forecasted and actual performance
- Support management decision making through analysis and modeling as needed
- You have 3+ years experience in FP&A, consulting, or transaction services
- Experience performing buyer & revenue cohort analyses within an e-commerce environment
- Revenue and operating expense forecasting ownership within the P&L
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues, generate and evaluate alternatives and implement solutions
- Strong technical background: Driver-based financial modeling, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present your insights visually
- Proven project management skills; capable of carrying projects through to completion with little direct guidance
- Care deeply about the quality and integrity of your work!
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key 2021 benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- A generous vacation policy, plus unlimited sick and mental health days
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- 12 weeks of fully-paid family leave
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to the community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!