Technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. At Cisco Meraki, we believe that by simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Do you share our beliefs?
Cisco Meraki is looking for an analytical, curious, and creative problem solver to join our FP&A team and play a key role in partnering with the business and driving and improving some of our strategic processes. Your primary responsibility will be to manage the P&Ls for our Wireless and IOT business lines, including forecasting and annual and long-range planning. Additional responsibilities will include reporting and ad-hoc projects with the goal to help drive profitable growth for the business. This is a highly visible role that will work cross-functionally across all aspects of the business as well as with Cisco counterparts. It will require a highly motivated and naturally inquisitive finance professional who is excited to be a part of an exciting growth story!Responsibilities
- Drive profitable growth for assigned product lines through engagement with product managers, supply chain, operations, and other functions on topics like pricing, cost savings, and NPIs
- Understanding the business to identify business-impacting risks and opportunities and influence the organization to act
- Develop new and improve existing financial models to assist with forecasting bookings, revenue, and expenses, and conducting analysis
- Design and implement complex, scalable processes to facilitate reporting and other requirements, including dashboards and tools
- Ensure precision of reporting and analysis for external reporting purposes
- Partner closely with the accounting team during monthly close cycles to understand actual and forecast performance
- Monitor and report on actual financial performance and investigate any variances for executive consumption, both independently and cross-functionally
- Work with Cisco counterparts to communicate Meraki’s forecast and actual performance
- Performs moderately complex, ad hoc financial analyses to derive business insights and recommendations
- Assist with internal finance-related projects as needed, including enablement and ERP implementation
- Degree in Finance/Accounting, or experience that demonstrates grasp of financial concepts and ability to frame and solve business problems
- 4 - 6 years of work experience, particularly in synthesizing information, creating financial models, and improving processes
- Experience with Excel (VLOOKUPS, Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint required, but mastery is not expected
- Excellent customer service, professionalism, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to tell a succinct story behind the numbers
- Inquisitive, self-starting attitude
- Ability to work independently with sometimes vague prompts in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with planning tools such as Essbase, Business Objects, Oracle, Hyperion, a plus
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.