Senior Financial Analyst at SilkRoad Technology
SilkRoad Technology is the world's leader in strategic onboarding for global workforce readiness and transformation. We help organizations prepare their people for change by designing intentional, personalized journeys to increase retention and maximize agility throughout their careers. SilkRoad combines our leading strategic onboarding capabilities with world-class consulting services to deliver highly scalable, personalized experiences that engage employees and drive long-term business performance such as productivity, profitability, growth and agility.
Our Finance Team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst responsible for planning and analysis and for preparing corporate and investor reports. This role reports to the Director of Accounting and is instrumental in analyzing our global business and ensuring management has meaningful and actionable data to support strategic decisions. The Senior Financial Analyst has advanced Excel skills, enjoys digging into data, and can easily explain financial insights to company leaders.
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Coordinates and executes annual budgeting and rolling forecasts, primarily for headcount, operating expenses, cash flow, and balance sheet.
- Prepares monthly variance analysis for finance leadership and company management and leads monthly meetings to review results.
- Analyzes historical results and trends to predict future results and recommend business actions.
- Assists accounting with month-end close journal entries and other analysis as requested.
- Inspects spend and understands company vendor relationships to ensure appropriate plan and maximize financial investments.
- Prepares routine cash forecast reporting for company management.
- Partners with finance team members and department managers to prepare financial models, analyze business results, and provide meaningful insight and business recommendations.
- Responds to ad hoc analysis requests from finance team members, management, and other stakeholders.
- Owns the relationship with Workday regarding the Adaptive Planning tool and handles all system maintenance, data reconciliation, and issue resolution.
- Financial Reporting
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly board reports and other investor reports.
- Assembles monthly bank compliance reporting.
- Maintains and continuously improves financial planning and reporting that is consistent with accounting principles and corporate policies.
- Prepares and reviews additional analysis and reports, and other special projects, as requested.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail combined with strong business acumen and professional demeanor.
- Excellent relationship builder and team player; Naturally curious and eager to learn about finance and the business.
- Passionate about using technology to drive efficiencies and analyze the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clear and professional verbal and written communication style.
- Strong organization and time management skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and use data to recommend business decisions and strategy.
- Ability to explain financial results and insights in a meaningful, easy to understand and visually compelling manner.
- Ability to create and document accurate, efficient, and repeatable processes.
- Understanding of accounting principles and how they impact financial results.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or other business area required; MBA or CPA is a plus.
- Minimum of three years' experience in budgeting and financial analysis is required.
- Experience partnering with business leaders and implementing change is required.
- Experience working in a SaaS, technology or professional services company is preferred.
- Experience with FP&A software is preferred; experience with Adaptive Planning, Intacct or Great Plains is a plus.
- French or other foreign language proficiency is a plus.