Senior Financial Analyst at Kin Insurance
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:56 a.m. (CST) on Friday, January 31, 2020
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is looking for our first financial analyst to join our small finance team to help with a variety of projects. We’ll help you learn the insurance space and you help build our analyst function. Since you’ll be the first person in this role, we need a self-starter to come in, learn the business, and take a leadership role in fast-growing startup. You’ll report directly to the CFO and will be involved in everything from capital raising to operational analytics.
A day in the life could include:
- Building external investor materials, board meeting materials, and responding to requests
- Own, update, and continue to build out core business financial model
- Analyzing business operations to find ways to grow faster & more efficiently
- Help in developing budgets & in vendor negotiations
- Assist in responding to external data requests from regulators, bankers, and other business partners
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or a related field
- 3+ years experience in Corporate Finance, Investment banking, Consulting, or similar type of role
- Expert at Excel modeling & analyzing data; SQL / Other business intelligence skills very helpful
- Self-starter, able to handle the frequently changing directions/priorities of fast-moving startup
- Experience in insurance / financial services, B2C e-commerce, and/or startups very helpful
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of the business
- Experience using data to make and drive business decisions
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!
Read Full Job Description