Senior Manager Equity Compensation at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Senior Manager of Equity Compensation will work closely with partners and business leaders to design implement and administer all equity compensation programs and deferred compensation plans. This role provides guidance and drives strategy to effectively meet organizational objectives while ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with applicable laws.
Additionally, this role will own equity plan (such as RSUs and ESPP) administration and improve organizational knowledge around equity programs. This individual and their team will be responsible to maintain equity plan records, including new grants, equity transactions, grant cancellations/expirations, and our ESPP, process equity transactions, and communicate transaction details to our accounting and payroll teams.
Reports To: Director, Comp, Benefits and Talent Analytics
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help drive equity compensation strategy, oversee, and plan for any necessary changes to equity incentive plans including monitoring share pool levels, assess and manage all elements of deferred compensation which include equity-based, deferred cash, and other performance plans
- Overall ownership of all equity incentive compensation and ESPP programs, including ESPP enrollment, changes, and purchases
- Routine evaluation of best practices and developments in applicable laws that drive changes in equity plan administration
- Oversee the external equity administration provider including executive services to ensure the Paylocity team is receiving quality service levels
- Responsible for oversight of equity transactions and the equity administration platform including employee census data, grants, exercises, sales, releases, terminations, and employee communications
- Coordinate with payroll for accurate tax withholding and reporting
- Ensure accuracy of all 10b5-1 transactions and assist executives with plans, as needed
- Keep plan documents, award agreements up to date and in compliance with new regulations
- Manage non-employee director’s equity compensation and Form 1099-MISC process
- Maintain internal controls over equity and ESPP transactions
- Oversee the proxy statement compensation discussion and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required plus at least 4-7 years experience in equity and deferred compensation, inclusive of compensation plan design
- Prior experience administering stock plans required
- Broad experience with different equity forms such as RSUs, PSUs, stock options, and ESPP
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office applications (mainly Excel)
- CEP or CPA designation preferred
- Experience using E*TRADE EEO preferred
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
As of April 6, 2021: This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.