Senior Manager, Internal Controls & Special Projects at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Senior Manager, Internal Controls & Special Projects reports to the Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer and will oversee the SOX internal control process and assist or lead key special projects such as M&A accounting support. This position will partner with Accounting Operations, Corporate Accounting, External Reporting, Tax, and Internal Audit to maintain and evaluate an effective control environment. Given the Company's continued growth and focus on scale, the position will serve a key role in the process and system initiatives as a subject matter expert ensuring controls are appropriately considered and implemented.
Reports To: Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate and oversee the SOX process for the Controller organization. Partner and coordinate with Internal Audit and External Audit on timelines, testing, evaluation of results, and remediation plans if necessary.
- Partner with other Accounting leaders in the ongoing evaluation of internal control processor control optimization opportunities. Serve as a subject matter expert in evaluating a new system or process initiatives and related control implications. Serve as a key resource for special projects with the ability to both lead as well as provide meaningful contributions.
- Assist in the build and documentation of key finance/accounting policies and procedures
- Partner with Corporate Development and other functional areas to provide financial and technical accounting support for acquisition and divestiture activity, complex business transactions, and other special projects.
- Identify and model the financial impact of significant accounting implications
- Consult with the business team to understand the accounting implications and provide alternative accounting solutions when possible.
- Research and document the Company's position in formal whitepapers and gain concurrence with the external auditors
- Drive pre/post-acquisition accounting integration strategies
- Assist in the Company's evaluation of technical accounting matters, including those related to complex transactions, emerging areas, and adoption of new accounting standards
- Work cross-functionally and within the accounting/finance group to prepare and execute against Corporate initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA required.
- 10+ years of experience in accounting-related work.
- At least 5 years in public accounting.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Large corporation and/or Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Senior manager experience preferred
- Software/SaaS industry experience preferred
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments and be self-motivated
- Exceptional leadership and staff development/mentoring capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints.
- Demonstrates strong change agility
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Process and process improvement oriented
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
• Education & Awareness
• Client Community
• Company Representation
• Advocacy & Support
• Fairness & Equality
• PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $142,000 - $176,000 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.