Senior Risk Manager at IMC Trading
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
Risk Management at IMC
IMC is currently looking for a Senior Risk Manager to be a part of the US Risk Management Team. Our risk management team operates closely with the trading and technology teams in order to manage the inherent risks in IMC’s trading strategies across various technologies. We are looking for someone who can bring risk management and technical expertise while at the same time a critical, quantitative and proactive hands-on approach. It will be your challenge to support the risk assessment and management responsibilities for market, credit, liquidity, operational, and regulatory risks. In addition, you will be responsible for the technical implementation of various risk management intraday monitoring tools and reports. The role will also include performing large scale data-analysis for research and statistical analysis. To excel in this role you will use your experience, analytical skills, and technical ability to add value, not bureaucracy to the business.
Senior Risk Manager
As a Senior Risk Manager at IMC, you’ll assist in managing the day-to-day risk management functions including monitoring and analyzing market, credit, operational, and liquidity risks. You’ll also:
- Identify and manage the risks in IMC’s existing and new trading strategies across various exchange-traded asset classes including index, fixed income, currencies, commodities, and single name equities
- Monitor intraday and overnight market risk at both the portfolio and single product levels and discuss key exposures with trading desks
- Analyze financial market developments and help build, revise, and enhance risk methodologies and processes for IMC’s trading strategies
- Develop and enhance real-time risk monitoring and reporting tools for IMC’s key risks while ensuring that the team’s technical solutions are robust and high quality
- Partner with software development, data engineering, and trading support team members to propose and implement solutions within trading and support team related software
- Collaborate with global risk, trading, and software development team members to design and employ risk controls in IMC’s execution and strategy software solutions
- Assess and challenge potential solutions to complex business processes associated with operational and technology risk
- Contribute to risk management’s risk control self-assessment through analyzing potential impact and likelihood of risk events
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the financial risk management field with a strong quantitative and technical background
- Experience with analyzing and managing the risks associated with a portfolio of equities, futures, and options
- Detailed knowledge of exchange-traded derivative products with an emphasis on their risk characteristics
- Strong technical skills with extensive knowledge of data processing and analysis technologies (SQL, Hadoop, Python, Business Intelligence packages or similar)
- The ability to communicate complex information and ideas to key business stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- A proactive attitude and an out of the box-thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong academic background in quantitative fields such as statistics, financial mathematics, or computer science
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.