Senior Staff Accountant
Why our work matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. One third of the over $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity, and more than half of Americans don’t get care because of the price tag. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your role in our mission
HealthJoy is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to help drive our day-to-day accounting, financial, and reporting processes. Spend your days owning parts of the monthly and quarterly close processes, managing AR and AP processes, performing balance sheet account analyses and supporting annual audits.
You will own key parts of the accounting operations and due to our company’s growth, help in creating and implementing scalable process improvements.
As a key critical member of the Finance & Accounting team, you will also have opportunities to work on high impact, strategic finance projects that support the growth of our business.
- Maintaining and reconciling bank statements
- Performing month-end close tasks and preparing financial statement analysis
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliations
- Reviewing and analyzing GL transactions and accounts
- Preparing materials for financial and tax audits
- Supporting day-to-day accounting functions (A/R, A/P)
- Working on high impact finance projects - provide strategic financial analysis, modeling, planning and projections
- Develop dashboards and other meaningful reports to facilitate management decision making
- 2+ years of experience in accounting role; CPA and public accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Advanced MS Excel skills (Conditional Formulas, Lookups, Pivot Tables)
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and Bill.com
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to deliver accurate output in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills and comfort with managing multiple work streams
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Effective time management skills in a fast paced environment
- Medical benefits with generous employer contribution + dental and vision
- HSA with annual company contribution
- Stock options
- Pre-Taxed Transit
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave
- Access to the HealthJoy app
- Quarterly volunteer events
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours
- Weekly Instacart orders and catered lunches every Friday
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.