Senior Tax Accountant – US International Tax Ops at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.Job Description
The Sr Tax Accountant of US International Tax Ops is a key player to support the management of Company’s US international tax compliance and financial statement reporting. This role will also focus on implementing technology and efficient processes to streamline the Company’s US international tax compliance and provision reporting processes.
- For financial statement reporting, work with manager/director to prepare the Company’s computations US international tax projections on a quarterly and year-end basis. This includes GILTI, Subpart F, actual foreign dividends, foreign branch income, foreign tax credit and expense apportionment, FDII and Section 988, 987 and 986(c) computations.
- Assist in the presentation of US international tax info/trends to the Tax Accounting Group, the VP of Tax, and to outside advisors.
- Prep info needed to complete the international portions of the US 1120, including forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, GILTI and FDII forms, etc.
- Work with the Global Tax Planning, Audit and Transfer Pricing Team to understand planning/ restructuring transactions, transfer pricing initiatives and status of foreign audits in order to analyze/model the impact of these items to the overall ETR and tax provision, including FIN 48 reserve analysis.
- Perform tax research and document tax positions taken for tax reporting purposes and review/update the Company’s process memos.
- Keep up to date on US and non-US tax law changes impacting McDonald's and work with manage/director to ensure changes are accurately accounted for in the US international tax reporting.
- Identify and assist with the implementation of process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency in the tax compliance and provision areas to modernize our Global Tax function. This includes the automation of current manual work and streamlining processes.
Will report to the Director of US International Tax Ops.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting required and Masters of Accounting or Taxation preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience working in the US International Tax field in either a public accounting or corporate setting.
- Experience with Subpart F, GILTI, BEAT, FDII, foreign tax credit calculations, Section 959 and 163(j) and other international reporting rules preferred.
- Experience leading multiple priorities and tight deadlines. Strong business and financial acumen and strong communication skills to work with global teams
- Experience with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook. Alteryx, Data Visualization Tools (e.g., Microsoft PowerBI/Tableau) and other Automation tools is a strong plus.
- Experience with OneSource’s Income Tax, Provision, International Tax Calculator and DataFlow software is a strong plus.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.