Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the effective management and resolution of a loan portfolio of defaulted or troubled commercial real estate loans as well as the asset management and disposition of OREO. The incumbent will ensure the implementation of a timely workout strategy, the coordination of legal action, and the pursuit of recoveries with the goal of mitigating risks and minimizing losses from such activities. The Workout Specialist will ensure policies, procedures, and oversight of the commercial loan portfolio are adhered to in accordance with the standard operating procedures of Alliant Credit Union. The incumbent will prepare and present status reports for senior management and other areas as required. Work includes assisting examiners, internal auditors and external loan review auditors on a periodic basis. Resources required are strong financial analysis and negotiation skills and the ability to identify and implement solutions that benefit the Credit Union.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Oversee borrower negotiations, track all modifications, oversee regular troubled asset reports and pursue remedies
- Establish/review current process for periodic review of troubled commercial real estate loans
- Guide handling and/or take over handling of trouble commercial real estate loans
- Pursue remedies with support of outside counsel
- Negotiate resolutions and/or modifications of troubled loans
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Collect, prepare, and analyze business and personal financial statements to administer a turnaround solution or exit strategy of complex credit relationships
- Assess the credit quality of a relationship to determine the overall performance and associated risk and make recommendations for grading, accrual status, or loss recognition
- Coordinate with legal, audit, and credit/loan policy departments, as necessary, to ensure compliance of negotiated workout agreements
- Manage and monitor past due loans
- Prepare and present loan portfolio status updates and reports as required
- Serve as an asset manager on OREO and, on occasion, as a direct property manager
- Represent the credit union in all interactions with court appointed receivers
- Serve as the credit union representative in court proceedings
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field, required; Master’s degree preferred, and you have:
- 10+ years’ of credit analysis, lending and loan workout experience, required
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Experienced at interacting with clients, bank counsel, third party service providers
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to work effectively under adverse conditions
- Strong presentation and communication skills to include both verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with both Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize focus on most impactful activities
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off