Sr. Director, Accounting at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage the close and SEC reporting calendar to comply with filing deadlines.
- Oversee the preparation of all SEC filings and disclosures, including reports on Form 10K, Form 10Q, Form 8K, and the Annual Proxy and review the XBRL tagging process for quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Partner with Investor Relations, Corporate Communications and Legal in the preparation and review of earnings release materials.
- Lead Disclosure Committee meetings with executive staff and oversee the preparation of Audit Committee materials, including attending the audit committee meetings to present technical accounting issues and related disclosures twice per quarter.
- Assist in the monthly close process, including the review of journal entries, reconciliations and analyses of all equity accounts and stock-based compensation, consistent with ASC 718.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards, and ensure GAAP and reporting requirements are met.
- Stay current on accounting literature, research technical accounting areas and other significant accounting transactions, and prepare technical memos and review related journal entries as needed.
- Advise business partners on the accounting treatment for significant transactions, including M&A diligence and integration
- Draft, update and maintain Corporate Accounting Policies, as needed throughout the year.
- Oversee and manage SOX PMO function: 404 internal control and financial risk assessment, planning, walkthroughs, audit requests, control certifications / attestations, deficiency evaluation and remediation within all financial
- Work with internal and external auditors during the annual audit and quarterly review process to ensure timely completion of procedures.
- Identify, oversee and implement process improvements in a high growth environment to provide scalability and strengthen the financial and accounting control framework.
- Assist in special accounting and finance projects on an adhoc basis.
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop staff.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with a breadth of technical research;
- Total experience of 12+ years with a minimum of 5 years public accounting experience;
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA is required;
- A proactive approach to problem identification and remediation solutions. Work analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write and re memos and financial statement disclosures as well as the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP, BPC, Fidelity and ServiceNow platform is a plus;
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; and
- Superior attention to detail
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.