Sr. Finance Systems Analyst at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients. We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
The Sr. Financial Systems Analyst within the firm’s corporate IT team (ICT) will be responsible for supporting and configuring the finance platforms used at West Monroe, including the incoming AP (Accounts Payable) solution, as well as other systems such as our travel and expense software. The senior analyst will provide implementation support, system support, and operational maintenance to the firm’s growing finance technology portfolio.
We are looking for a focused financial systems and data analyst who can work in a team-based environment to deliver consistently and take accountability for personal work and team success – this is an exciting opportunity to grow our team together!
- Contribute to new system implementations and work to improve workflow and processes used at West Monroe
- Install, update, tune/configure, diagnose, and administer West Monroe’s financial software applications
- Demonstrate strong understanding of financial software capabilities and limitations – SAP Concur, General Ledger Software, etc. – while clearly communicating those to internal partners
- Work with business analysts, key stakeholders, and end users to understand and define business requirements within an Agile environment
- Follow user stories and process flows to support the design, configuration, and development of financial solutions for our internal partners
- Work collaboratively with other team members and ICT groups to ensure solutions meet the business requirements, are configured appropriately, and fulfill the user stories
- Identify and inventory software pain points and gaps in best practices, while maintaining system documentation
- Leverages both internal and external resources in creating and/or supporting technical solutions
- Perform business process modeling, user experience modeling, and basic technical architecture diagramming
- Own problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Collaborate with external vendors to correct software errors and tune/troubleshoot applications; communicate the appropriate technical requirements to their teams for custom development
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments
- Provide software advice, L2/3 support, and training for end users regarding all West Monroe financial systems
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Professional Services and/or Consulting industry experience preferred
- 5-7+ years of experience in IT with 3+ years of experience supporting financial software
- Experience working in teams within an Agile environment and understanding of Agile methodology concepts, techniques, and ceremonies preferred
- Understands the workflow and process requirements of complex application systems
- Demonstrated ability to act as subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering sophisticated financial applications
- Confident in writing SQL queries to pull information from specific financial application databases
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and build consensus – must take initiative and consistently demonstrate the ability to see tasks through to completion with minimal oversight/guidance
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with Finance & Accounting, ICT, and other internal business units
- Strong written and oral communication – must be able to work well and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical resources
- Must ensure that quality standards are identified and met throughout implementation, configuration, and delivery processes
- Confident in multi-tasking – demonstrates a strong desire to take on new tasks and learn unique skills
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.