Sr Financial Analyst - Business Insights & Strategy
About the Department:
US Finance is comprised of financial professionals who oversee all financial activity, including accounting, economic policy, and business insights & strategy for McDonald's USA, LLC. The Business Insights & Strategy team within US Finance acts as internal strategy consultants, providing thought leadership and actionable insights to support major Menu, Marketing and other strategic growth initiatives, such as Digital and Delivery. We use a combination of consumer, competitor, and internal data to understand and communicate industry trends as well as our own performance to our key partners. We generate insights to find opportunities to optimize our initiatives and we help bring both tactical and long-term strategies to life across our network of over 14,000 US restaurants.
About the Opportunity:
In this role, you will have an extraordinary opportunity to participate in cross-functional teams accountable for developing the national marketing calendar and strategic growth initiatives. You will provide key insights into profitability trends, opportunities and risks to help craft future marketing programs, analyze the potential viability of initiatives under test, forecast national financial impact, and make recommendations based on the business screens established for the program. You will also evaluate initiative performance across the lifecycle of an initiative and help find opportunities to maximize performance. Other special projects include working to build, communicate, and monitor new processes to be used by the Business Insights & Strategy team. This position will build and maintain relationships with functional disciplines outside of Finance, including Marketing, Menu Strategy, Supply Chain, Operations, and Leadership Franchisees.
- Evaluation of initiatives and development of business cases, including forecasting initiative sales, guest count, unit movement and cash flow impact
- Assessment of performance of both new and existing initiatives
- Coordinate with leadership on teamwide continuous improvement efforts
- Identification and prioritization of opportunities to maximize performance
- Framing and communicating results of analysis to various business partners, including senior leadership and influential owner / operators
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to influence others through storytelling and empathy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to structure and quickly synthesize large volumes of data to develop actionable insights
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in a team-based environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3 + years Consulting, Business Insights/Research, Strategy or analytical and data intensive environment;
- Exceptional Excel and Powerpoint capabilities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.