Sr Financial Analyst – US Supply Chain Finance & McOpCo FP&A
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the foodservice industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand globally by building diverse teams who craft delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact globally.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here…
About the Department:
US Finance is comprised of several teams of professionals that oversee all internal financial planning and analysis activity, economic policy and franchisee financial support for McDonald's USA, LLC. The various groups within the department work together to provide in-depth financial reporting for both the Company and its franchisees, preserve the internal control environment, and plan for the various business unit's capital, G&A and operating income goals. In addition, teams provide economic analysis on new business introductions such as menu, equipment, and operating procedures and manage the investment portfolio for assets related to Company owned restaurants.
his position provides a unique opportunity to get two highly valued experiences that can open up a wide variety of career paths at McDonald’s Corporation. You will be a key financial partner to the U.S. Supply Chain Management Team. In addition, the role allows for exposure to our U.S. McOpCo organization (Company Operated Restaurants), which provides a one of a kind perspective by working in a business unit that in the largest U.S. operator of McDonald’s restaurants.
The role primarily focuses on partnering with the US & Global Supply Chain teams in terms of monthly reporting, projections/planning and financial analytics for supply chain projects/initiatives. Additionally, this position will be involved with monitoring the financial health of the Company's US suppliers and be the subject matter expert on food & paper costs within the Profit & Loss statement. The role is also involved with U.S. McOpCo FP&A, which is one of the best ways to learn how we run our business by providing an in-depth understanding of restaurant P&Ls.
US & Global Supply Chain Product Leads and Senior Management, Treasury, Investor Relations, U.S. McOpCo Leadership Team
Work with US Supply Chain organization to ensure sound financial management, insightful analysis, and actionable reporting to Supply Chain leadership
- Lead execution and support communication of quarterly/annual Food & Paper projections
- Provide monthly pricing updates and supplier variance account reporting relative to thresholds
- Work with US Supply Chain partners to craft messaging for meetings with U.S. franchisee leadership
- Lead the US Supplier Financial Health initiative ensuring the financial stability of suppliers with regards to both operating and structural efficiency
- Provide analytical support and financial insights on a variety of supply chain strategies and business cases
- Support preparation of annual McOpCo margin plan and monthly projections through ownership of multiple P&L lines as part of the McOpCo Finance Team
- Actively identify and implement efficiencies within financial processes
- Responsible for various ad hoc projects and analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or MBA a plus but not required.
- 4+ years of Finance/Accounting experience or analytical/data intensive environment
- Extraordinary organizational skills and competency to work independently in a fast moving environment
- Proficient analytical and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Strategic thinker, possesses excellent leadership skills and aptitude to build strong relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with various disciplines and levels
- Ability to express ideas effectively, both verbal and written
- Takes initiative and demonstrates creativity in finding efficiencies
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills as well as having the desire and ability to quickly learn new software applications. Oracle and Hyperion a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.