Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Sprout Social’s Finance team is looking for a Senior Manager or SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting. Our Finance team isn’t your typical month-end reporting type of department. We’re a dynamic team working in a fast paced and always changing environment. Doing our jobs effectively means we approach each interaction with confidence, each process with diligence, and our stakeholders with care.
Sprout Social is used by over 20,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru, and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
If you have Finance experience and are looking to play a large part in the development of our best in class Finance team, we’d love to speak with you!
- A minimum of 8-10 years public accounting experience; preferably with some Big 4 firm experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Sound understanding of US GAAP and general ledger / month-end processes
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare reports for management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Workiva and Shareworks is a plus
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire Training Program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Have a deep understanding of the Finance team’s goals, key objectives and the impact our work has on Sprout’s overall business objectives.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Be proficient using Sprout’s accounting system (NetSuite) in order to retrieve data needed to review and investigate financial variances.
- Be an advanced user in Workiva in order to prepare the required external filings, including both the 10Q and 10K.
- Perform XBRL tags in web filings.
- Perform consolidated and component analytics process.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the Audit Committee materials prepared quarterly.
- Manage the equity software tool (Shareworks).
- Prepare technical accounting memos as needed.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Manage the quarterly close calendar and attend key meetings including PwC planning and closing meetings, internal status updates, working draft sessions and disclosure committee meetings. Drafting sessions are led by the reporting team.
- Lead the process for preparing and reviewing the SAB 108 memo on unrecorded differences.
- Perform detailed reviews of the external filings and provide comments to the team that will enhance the overall document. In addition provide constructive feedback to the team to help with their development.
- Research and remain up-to-date on current accounting pronouncements that could affect the Company and work with the team to ensure new items are incorporated correctly.
- Lead the team in organizing the division of responsibilities between the general accounting team related to the preparation of external filings. This includes providing direction and insight on the timing of the financial statement close and the 10-Q and 10-K drafting sessions. Additionally provide direction to the team on drafting new financial statement requirements, footnotes, MD&A disclosures and accounting policies.
- Proactively work with investor relations on earnings release preparation and script language.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Be able to support all of the financial reporting function during the annual audit process.
- Assist in other ad hoc projects on an as needed basis.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t considered yet.
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!