Staff Accountant, Treasury & Trade
Staff Accountant: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. This growth requires increased support for our accounting functions as well as more focus on cash management, trade spend, collections and strategy while ensuring high integrity in our financials. Dynamic distribution channels and product categories have resulted in increased complexity and volume within our accounting and finance functions.
We are looking for someone that is detail-oriented, driven and eager to grow with our Finance team as we continue to expand our business. Ideal candidate will have an entry-level accounting or finance foundation that is excited to learn about our business and help implement new processes. A self-starter that takes initiative, ownership over processes and is resourceful will excel in this role.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Process daily invoicing, analyze Trade Spend and prepare G/L entries
- Assist in the review and validation of trade spend deductions against promotions and customer contracts
- Interact with customers daily regarding open balances and any ongoing trade disputes
- Assist with the entire A/R process including collections, processing payments, posting daily cash and revenue recognition
- Support the day-to-day accounting function as it relates to Treasury and A/R
- Maintain accurate trade accruals and support the Sales and Revenue Management team with monitoring promotional periods
- Assist the Senior Accountant with future growth initiatives and projects
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and analytics
- Maintain and make recommendations to improve cash management and reporting
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures (including financial statement audits) and other special projects as needed
- Daily interaction with a variety of internal departments including but not limited to Sales, Operations, Revenue Management, FP&A, Marketing and Customer Service
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge and an excitement for growing our business
- 1 - 2 years’ experience
- Recent graduates with strong internship experience will be highly considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- General understanding of accounting principles related to GAAP and revenue recognition
- Strong excel capabilities
- Evidence of ‘customer first’ values and behaviors
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Manufacturing/consumer goods industry experience a plus
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Embrace RXBAR’s core values
About RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
RXBAR Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.