Purpose of the Role
Our Finance team is at the forefront shaping strategic decisions across the company. As a member of the team, the Staff Accountant contributes to company’s success by ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial statements. A successful Staff Accountant combines excellent analytical skills, problem-solving skills, knowledge of accounting principles, strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Perform month end accounting including journal entry preparation and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in variance analysis during the month end reviews.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statement and footnotes submitted to Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- Assist external audit and tax teams by preparing schedules, explaining supporting material and procedures and any other data as needed.
- Assist with monthly sales tax filings and census reporting.
- Cross departmental collaboration and communication on various projects and tasks.
- Assist Payroll Analyst with bi-weekly payroll processing needs
Competencies for Success
- Communicates Effectively
- Financial Acumen
- Manages Complexity
- Optimizes Work
Measures of Success
- Meeting Deadlines
- Monthly Close Metrics
- Successful Partnership Across the Organization
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- 0-2 years of general finance or accounting experience, public accounting preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
- CPA, or currently sitting for CPA a plus
- Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus