Staff Accountant at FOURKITES
Join a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven start up named 2021 Best Tech Start ups In Chicago, that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility.
As FourKites’ Staff Accountant, you will be expanding the Finance function in our high-growth environment. You will support the high-risk monthly revenue recognition and commission processes as part of month end close. You will also be responsible for the analysis of FourKites’ financial results and support the annual financial operating budgets and forecasts. You will prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual analyses of financial performance for investor and executive review. Working with teammates in the US, India & Netherlands, you will partner with operational teams and key business leaders across our global organization in order to support the success of the business, while maintaining healthy financial practices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Play a key role in monthly close as it relates to revenue and commission with clearly defined responsibility, processes, and timelines
- Lead preparation of financial reporting package for internal management reporting, highlighting key business issues, revenue trends, cash analysis and functional expenses
- Analyze budget vs actual figures from the income statement company wide, by region and by department, summarizing in concise reports for the business unit leads
- Compile financial metrics for quarterly Board meetings
- Navigate financial reporting under both GAAP & Management books
- Support annual operating plan and monthly forecasting process
- Support Financial Reporting/Planning system implementation to improve efficiencies and visibility across organization
- Liaise with multiple departments as required in terms of revenue recognition, commissions and budgets
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile balance sheet accounts to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Identify potential efficiencies in day to day work and implement automation tools/techniques to streamline
- Maintain & leverage tools and systems to ensure quick, reliable access to data and information tools
Who you are:
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the desire to learn, grow & seek increased responsibility
- Ability to work closely and effectively in a team environment across all facets of the Company
- Strong interpersonal and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage competing priorities and deadline pressures effectively
- Familiarity with business and financial modeling in P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- High technical acumen with a comfortability learning new enterprise software systems
- BS degree in Finance / Accounting / Economics preferred (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering also welcome)
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate finance, banking, management consulting or high-growth start up
- Experience in agile & fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel / PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with financial analysis and planning software applications (Intacct, NetSuite, Adaptive Insights)
- SQL / Python / VBA & general systems integration experience a plus
- SFDC experience is a plus
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.