By joining Everspring as a Staff Accountant, you'll be the fourth Accountant on our growing accounting team in a late-stage startup as we transition from startup to more established company. You'll gain exposure to all areas of accounting and work under the mentorship of a Big 4 CPA.
Ideally, you'll bring a solid foundation (2-5 years) of accounting principles from either a structured accounting firm or startup organization. We'd also love you to be adaptable and willing to help out wherever needed. As part of our accounting & finance team, the Staff Accountant will be the point person for invoicing as well as play in integral part in the month-end close process. We’re a small, agile, and professional team with the opportunity to grow as the company grows and get experience in many different aspects of accounting & finance.
This position is located in the Chicago Loop near both Ogilvie and Union Stations.
The Staff Accountant will have a wide variety of finance responsibilities. Core responsibilities will relate to accounts receivable, revenue recognition, and general ledger accounting:
- Generate and send out billing to clients according to university term schedules - this process involves using multiple data sources and working with other teams to ensure accurate billing and record keeping. Invoices tend to be complex, large value, and low volume
- Record all revenue entries in ledger, including accruals and deferrals. Ensure revenue recognition is aligned with latest GAAP pronouncements
- Significant involvement in month end close, including account reconciliations, month-end financial reporting, analytical review
- Prepare forecasts and projections of revenue for all clients
- Monitor aging of accounts receivable and initiate efforts to ensure timely collections
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries
- Support for other finance processes
- Ad hoc requests, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely-related field
- 2-5 years’ accounting experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Invoicing experience
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Collaborative team member but can also work independently
- Positive attitude and a sense of urgency to ensure deadlines are met
- Familiarity with Netsuite, Salesforce, Concur or Bill.com is a plus
Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities. Built In Chicago has named us one of the "Best Places to Work" in 2021.
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.