Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is looking for an ambitious accountant to support growing operations in Chicago. This position will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting functions and month-end close process.
- Supporting day-to-day accounting functions such as Accounts Payable and Inventory
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling bank statements
- Performing month-end close tasks and preparing financial statement analysis
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliations
- Reviewing and analyzing GL transactions and accounts
- Preparing supporting documentation for financial statement audit and tax provisions / returns
- Assisting manager with preparation of workpapers for tax filings (e.g., Sales/Use Tax, Cloud tax)
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis to support leadership requests
- Driving continuous improvement in Accounting processes
- 1+ years of experience in accounting role, preferably within finance, consulting, or tech
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Advanced MS Excel skills (Logical Formulas, Lookups, Pivot Tables)
- An eye for the details and the ability to deliver accurate output in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills and comfort with managing multiple work streams
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- A champion for data accuracy and quality for the Accounting team