As a General Ledger Staff Accountant, you will play an integral role with our month-end close process, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, and process improvements. This position reports to the US Accounting Manager and is based in our Chicago office.
• Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statement schedules, and other necessities for our month-end close.
• Assist with internal and external audit schedules; ensure that all tasks adhere to our control environment.
• Assist with Fixed Asset setup and reporting including rollforwards and reconciliations.
• Execute financial controls by performing various reconciliations and testing of account detail.
• Assists in development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
• Analyze financial information and perform other duties as assigned.
• A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the ability to apply them to business transactions.
• Understanding a Chart of accounts and how accounts roll-up to financial statements.
• The ability to adjust to a fast-paced environment and manage completing tasks by strict deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff.
• Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and an aptitude for innovative solutions
• Strong organizational, attention to detail and documentation skills, particularly to help with compliance with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
• Familiarity with accounting software is a plus.
• 1-3 years’ experience in corporate accounting, audit or finance.
• CPA or CPA candidate a plus.