tastytrade is one of the fastest growing online financial media networks. We currently produce eight hours of live, original programming each day to provide financial information, investment strategies and entertainment related to options trading and the stock market. tastytrade is also the parent company of tastyworks, a retail brokerage firm launched in January of 2017, whose mission is to empower self-directed investors through technology, pricing and content.
tastytrade is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the accounting and finance team. This role’s primary responsibility is to perform all journal entries and account reconciliations for both tastytrade and its subsidiaries. This role will assist the Controller in G/L maintenance activities and financial statement preparation. The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing all accounting responsibilities on a timely basis in accordance with tastytrade’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare daily general ledger entries
- Maintain accounting records and files
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to the subledger
- Perform general accounting month-end closing procedures
- Maintain accounts payable within the G/L system and work with Business Administrator to ensure on-time payments
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as requested by the Controller or CFO
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelors degree in accounting or finance and 1 - 2 years experience in the same
- CPA is a plus, but not required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Brokerage experience a plus
- Familiarity with programming languages SQL, MySQL and Python are a big plus
- Excellent organizational skills; detailed; flexible; deadline driven
- Personable and friendly, with a “no job is too small” attitude