BigTime Software delivers time-tracking, billing and project management software for more than 2,000 firms, tracking over $2 billion in billable time each year. Our flagship product is a SaaS-based system that is custom-built for the professional services industry. BigTime is a venture-funded company based in Chicago committed to helping clients run professional teams more efficiently, unlocking potential revenue and improving profitability.
If you love what you do, and want to work in a small team environment that will challenge you to do your best, then check us out!
BigTime Software is looking to add a highly-motivated Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. Reporting to the CFO, the Staff Accountant will undertake a variety of financial and non-financial tasks. Your main goal will be to help guarantee the company’s revenues and your work will have a significant impact on our company goals. Ultimately, you will be responsible for ensuring the collection of customer payments, as well as the processing of vendor payments.
As our Staff Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Setting up new customers in SaaS Optics
- Accurately invoicing new and current customers
- Researching and resolving client billing problems or issues
- Processing customer payments and refunds
- Applying cash receipts to customer accounts
- Working directly with customers to resolve past due balances
- Assisting with month-end close and gathering support for external audits
- Preparing and presenting financial reports for the Finance Team
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at BigTime, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Work Independently and with a Team: Some people work best individually and some work best as part of a team. The ideal candidate is a chameleon who can succeed both on their own and work within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Obsessed with details: It is critical that our financial information is accurate in all respects, you will need to be passionate about ensuring that we have the right methods to ensure that nothing is ever missed or incorrect.
- You Are Eager to Learn: Our financial processes, our accounting systems, and our business model.
- Possess Integrity: Not negotiable in this or any role at BigTime. You have the highest level of integrity and discretion.
- Customer Service Oriented: Willing and able to provide the highest level of service to our internal and external customers to assist with answering questions, ad hoc reporting, and resolution of any issues.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Staff Accountant candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting or Finance concentration preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- SaaS Optics experience or other SaaS billing software is a plus
- QuickBooks experience is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to interface with customers, outside vendors and our internal team members
- Great time-management skills
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. BigTime Software, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.